Join Villiers expanding International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme with a scholarship worth 2000 EUR (over 2 years). Villiers IBDP Scholarships will be awarded to high calibre students to study full-time in Ireland for a period of two years.
It is expected that a total of two scholarships will be awarded for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme 2021-2023, to one internal applicant and one external applicant.
Application process for entry into the IB Diploma Programme 2021-2023:
Eligible external applicants are invited to contact our Admissions & Communications Manager, Susan Peña by email email@example.com to begin the application process into the IB Diploma Programme.
Applications should follow the official Villiers School application process and all requested forms must be submitted for a student to be considered.
(Eligible internal applicants are invited to express their interest in the IBDP to Mr. Shane Hanna, IBDP Coordinator.)
Application process for IBDP Scholarship 2021-2023:
Applications should also include a formal letter written by the student, detailing their rationale for choosing the IB program and their future academic, personal and professional goals. The letter should be approximately six hundred words or two A4 pages in length.
Applications will be assessed under the following headings:
- Academic, personal and creative excellence.
- Communication skills.
- Extra-curricular activities (example: humanitarian work, politics-local, arts, sports).
- Rationale for studying the IB Diploma Programme in Ireland.
Terms & Conditions:
- Eligible external applicants should be aged 16 by September 2021.
- Applications will be considered from all nationalities, ensuring a mix of cultures within the IBDP cohort. Villiers will also seek to ensure that, overall, there is gender-balance in the IBDP cohort.
- Villiers will award a scholarship fund to the successful scholarship recipient amounting to a total of 2000 EUR over two study years. The fund will be deducted in two stages – 1000 EUR per tuition year from the total boarding and tuition fees payable.
- Closing Date for receipt of scholarship applications is 5pm (Irish time) on Monday 31st May, 2021.
- Successful students are to commence IBDP studies in August 2021.
- An official awarding of the scholarship will take place during the School’s annual Prize Day.